Materials that can be supplied through this service include:
- Books, which can be borrowed for a specified loan period (usually 3 to 6 weeks)
- A complete volume or issue of a journal
- Book chapters and journal articles, which can be supplied by electronic delivery or as photocopies which you may keep
- Conference papers
- Material required for course-packs and/or post-to-web
Note that you may only have 5 items on loan from other libraries at any one time.
N.B. We are unable to supply case studies that are used for class teaching. These are purchased from the Case Centre or direct. Industry reports are also unavailable via this service.
Who can use the service?
Current staff, students and faculty can use the Document Supply Service to request any material directly related to research or study at the School if it is:
- not available in the Library's print collection of books and journals
- not available through the library’s online resources (e-journals, e-books...)
We do not offer this service to Alumni.
Are there any costs for this service?
The service is generally free to current staff, students and faculty. However, there are charges for the following types of requests (staff and faculty only):
- Copyright cleared material for course-packs and/or post-to-web. The copyright fee varies depending on the publication.
- Urgent requests:
- Electronic – guaranteed 2 hour delivery of a copy £30 +VAT
- Electronic – guaranteed 24 hour delivery of a copy £20 +VAT
All customers may be charged for the following:
- Cancellations. If you wish to cancel an order please email email@example.com.Please note that if the item has already been dispatched the cost of the request will be charged. The full cost varies from £6 to £15 depending on the request type.
- Non-collection of requests. There will be a £5 fee for any items that are not collected.
- Lost items: The cost of lost items will passed directly to the user. The British Library charges £175 for lost items.